Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Teaching English in Ecuador - Cuenca




Here are two pictures of the school where I taught in Cuenca - CEDEI School. It's a language school where foreigners can come and learn Spanish and Ecuadorian children can immerse themselves in English. There were quite a few foreigners there and it was a beautiful school.  Unfortunately, I just couldn't find a place to live in town, and it was very, very cold in the classrooms there was no source of heat and I froze my butt off.  They offered Spanish classes and I loved taking advantage of that.  I was only there for three months before heading off to the Galapagos Islands to do a volunteer summer camp. I liked CEDEI, but a five-hour class with a 12-year old, an 18-year old and a 40-year old, all at different levels of English, was too mind-numbing.



CEDEI Ecuador




CEDEI Ecuador
Cuenca Ecuador








I stayed in the beautiful Hostal Macondo when I was in Cuenda teaching. It was serene and peaceful in the garden, the atmosphere was almost reverent. I slept well every night the bed was so good. There's a kitchen where you can cook your own food. It was about thirty dollars a night for a double. The bathroom was outside my door, but it wasn't a problem, everything was super clean. The staff were friendly and they had loads of information about Cuenca at the front desk.CEDEI Ecuador

No comments:

Post a Comment