Saturday, July 18, 2009

Horseback Riding Vilcabamba





Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador
Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador
Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador
_______________________________________________

Of course no trip is complete without going Vilcabamba horseback riding. I went with one of the local Ecuadorian guides. I told him I didn't want to get too high up there and this is where he took us. It was incredible, but scary at times. I was sorry that I had decided to go for a full day because by the end of the day, I could hardly sit on the horse I was so sore. The next day after, I literally couldn't move. So stretch your muscles, or go for the half day, or be prepared to suffer!
____________________________________________________________________________

Here's Oskar our guide, and this is where we stopped for lunch.

Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador
Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador

_____________________________________________________________________________

We saw wild horses on our walk and this cow was peering at us from around the bend. He was so cute! I went with two other German girls. It was so steep in spots that once when one girl stopped to fix her camera she slipped backwards on her horse and I thought she was going to go ass over tea kettle into the gorge. And it was a long, long drop.


Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador

Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador