Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Horseback Riding Vilcabamba





Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador
Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador
Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador

Of course no trip is complete without going Vilcabamba horseback riding. I went with one of the local Ecuadorian guides. I told him I didn't want to get 
















too high up there and this is where he took us. It was incredible, but scary at times. I was sorry that I had decided to go for a full day because by the end of the day, I could hardly sit on the horse I was so sore. The next day after, I literally couldn't move. So stretch your muscles, or go for the half day, or be prepared to suffer!
_______________________________________________________________________________

Here's Oskar our guide, and this is where we stopped for lunch.

Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador
Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador

_____________________________________________________________________________

We saw wild horses on our walk and this cow was peering at us from around the bend. He was so cute! I went with two other German girls. It was so steep in spots that once when one girl stopped to fix her camera she slipped backwards on her horse and I thought she was going to go ass over tea kettle into the gorge. And it was a long, long drop.


Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador

Horseback Riding Vilcabamba Ecuador

1 comment:

  1. wow i like all of ur pics. u sure like to travel a lot. i wish to travel wen im older. its one of my goals. my main goal is to become an artist in the fine arts. im goin to go to the Art Institute of Miami wen i graduate from high school. so wish me luck. anyways i like wut u do. good work. keep it up. ;-D

    ReplyDelete