Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Peace and Quiet in Quy Nhon - Vietnam




Nicki and I had a hell of a time getting out of Quang Gnai because we couldn't understand what dude at the bus station was trying to tell us about bus schedules. He kept talking to Nicki until he finally got that she spoke Chinese, not Vietnamese. Finally, after going back and forth from one office to another office and from one bus to another bus until I thought I was going to have a serious nervous breakdown, a fellow drove Nicki and I to the highway where we flagged a mini bus to Quy Nhon. We were squished to the max between people and luggage and there wasn't room for a tick with a gunnysack to crawl on board, but nevertheless, the bus driver kept stopping. I was so crazed by this time that every time the door slid open I yelled "only room for another five!"

We made it to Barbara’s Backpackers and we were the only guests. It's a sweet place, right across from the beach, and they have interesting books, good coffee and quiet rooms. We walked on the beach and just rested there from all our travels. The food was semi-okay, but I didn't go near the chocolate cake that sat around for three days because too many flies got their sticky fingers on it first.

I've since read that Barbara's Backpackers is no more and has been replaced by a hotel.

Quy NhonQuy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy NhonQuy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon

Quy Nhon
Quy Nhon

No comments:

Post a Comment