Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

What I Learned In Bali, Indonesia



What I learned in Bali was that the greatest place to visit and stay for weeks was Ubud. The culture is so rich with dancing and music and the arts. It was a great experience for my daughter Aimee, who was turning 9 when we were there. We had a big party for her. When I took her out of school months previously her principal said 'but she won't be getting an education for a year!' My only reply was 'Culture? Language? History? Geography!' She experienced it all travelling throughout Asia. I think children should visit other countries, because it's well worth it. Maybe as adults they would be more tolerant of other cultures.










_________________________________________________________________________

Most of the kids learned Balinese dance, and it was amazing the way they curled their fingers almost backwards.





__________________________________________________________________________







Aimee's 9th birthday.





No comments:

Post a Comment