Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ninh Binh embroiderers

Ninh Binh Vietnam

In Ninh Binh I discovered that many families support themselves through the embroidery of tablecloths, napkins, towels, sheets, t-shirts and blankets. Some of their homes are mini-factories.
Ninh Binh Vietnam

This woman brought me to her house where she lived with her father and her son. All her embroidery was nailed to the walls and covered her beds and sofa. I bought a couple of embroidered pictures as a gesture of good will but I normally don't buy stuff because it's just something more to carry around. The house was virtually empty except for all her bales of material and threads. Her sweet son captured my heart, he was a real take-away.
_____________________________________________

Ninh Binh Vietnam

He really embroidered well. No sissy this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment