Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cairo - Giza




Going it alone is my preferred traveling mode, especially if I'm on a 6-month trip. I've never traveled with any member of my family, for the simple reason that I don't have a family. Except for my daughter, with whom I traveled throughout Asia, I'm on my own. However, I've traveled with a few good friends and when I was in Cairo, I met up with an old friend at the Nile Hilton. Although it was comfortable, and right beside the Cairo Museum and Tahir Square, it's not really my type of accommodation.

Taking a taxi from Cairo to the Pyramids of Giza will take you through stunning ghettos: mile after mile after mile of crumbling, red brick buildings that are surrounded by heaps of burning trash, donkeys, and smashed-up cars. It's amazing once you start coming into Giza though and see the Pyramids rise in the distance.









































































No comments:

Post a Comment